What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are installed on the user’s computer when they access a website. Cookies allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their hardware. Depending on the information they contain, the use of the equipment, the type of cookie and the information they collect, cookies can be used to recognize the user.
Types of cookies
1. According to the entity that manages the cookies:
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s device or terminal from our computer or domain. These cookies are managed by ourselves, as owners and editors of this website.
- Third party cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s device or terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by us, but by a third party that will process the information obtained through cookies.
2. According to the storage time:
- Session cookies: are those cookies that collect and store the data when the user accesses the website and stop once the user leaves the website.
- Persistent cookies: are those cookies that have a specific duration in time determined by the responsible for the treatment. The storage time can vary between a few minutes to several years. They are used to save and retrieve certain parameters each time the user visits the website.
3. According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: those cookies that are essential and strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the website the different options or services it offers. For example, those that needed for the maintenance of the session, for the management of response time, the performance or validation of options, the use of security elements, the sharing of content with social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: those cookies that allow the user to specify or customize some features of the website. For example, language, regional configuration or browser type.
- Analysis Cookies: are those that allow us to track and analyse the user’s behaviour on our website to develop navigation profiles and to know the user’s preferences. They are usually used to analyse the user’s activity in order to improve the service we offer based on the results we obtain. For example, an analytical cookie would control the geographic areas of higher interest, which is the most demanded product or service, etc.
- Advertising cookies: are those cookies that allow us to manage the advertising spaces on the website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: are those cookies that allow the management of advertising spaces on our website. The function of these cookies is to store information about the user’s behaviour on our website, in order to show personalized advertising.
Which cookies do we use?
Through web analytics, no information about personal data of the users is obtained, thus guaranteeing the protection of their privacy. The information obtained is related to the number of users accessing the website, the number of page views, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal used, or the city assigned to the IP address. This information allows us to provide a better and more appropriate service from this website.
How to disable or delete cookies?
Below, we include some links in which the user will find information on how to activate their preferences in the most common browsers:
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Safari